Ms. Assalé concentrates her practice in the areas of oil and gas law, including mineral title examination, the acquisition and disposition of mineral properties, and general commercial transactions. She is experienced in the negotiation and drafting of a variety of agreements such as purchase and sale agreements, production handling agreements, boarding agreements, operating and joint venture agreements, mineral leases, leases of platform space, confidentiality agreements, master service agreements, and transportation agreements. She regularly renders opinions on complex mineral and surface titles in Louisiana and on the Outer Continental Shelf. Before becoming an attorney, Ms. Assalé worked for several years in the oil and gas industry with Shell Exploration & Production Company. As a Senior Contracts & Joint Ventures Representative, she served as a liaison between several internal groups (Finance, Legal, Regulatory and Operations) and between Shell and its external partners. She oversaw the governance and prosecution of a number of Oil and Gas contracts and agreements related to Shell’s assets in the Gulf of Mexico (Offshore, Deepwater, US), and in Canada (onshore, Alberta Province - Southern Alberta, and Offshore, Nova Scotia Province - Sable Island), as well as the divestment of certain assets in said regions. Ms. Assalé is fluent in French.
Selected Publications and Speeches
- Unitization Issues, Presented at the LORMAN Emerging Louisiana Legal and Land Issues on the Outer Continental Shelf Seminar, March 18, 2014.
- ATP Bankruptcy: Update and Implications for the Industry, Presented at the Houston Association of Professional Landmen's Annual Offshore Seminar, November 7, 2013.
- Louisiana State Bar Association
- Professional Landmen's Association of New Orleans
- The Center for American and International Law - The Institute of Energy Law
- Association of International Petroleum Negotiations
- American Association of Professional Landmen
- The Pro Bono Project New Orleans