Prior to her becoming an attorney with the firm, Ms. Wolf worked on complex multidistrict FDIC litigation involving officer and director liability and attorney and accountant liability. She then served as Legislative Attorney and Senior Legislative Attorney for the Tennessee General Assembly, Nashville, Tennessee from 1993 to 2005, where she served as counsel to numerous legislative committees and was responsible for drafting major revisions to the Tennessee Probate Code, the Tennessee adoption law, the Tennessee Partnership Act, and several UCC revisions in the area of banking, secured transactions, and negotiable instruments. Ms. Wolf also worked on complex commercial real estate transactions for national corporate clients in the acquisition of multiparcel assemblages of blighted properties.
Ms. Wolf served as section editor of the ABA Energy Litigation Newsletter (Electrical Utility) and as article solicitor for the ABA Environmental Litigation Newsletter. She co-chaired the 1999 Government Counsel CLE Series, Government Practice Seminar for the Nashville Bar Association. Ms. Wolf serves as Co-Chair of the Bankruptcy Litigation Subcommittee of the ABA Litigation Sections, Commercial & Business Litigation Committee, and as a Board Member of the ABA Energy Litigation Journal. Ms. Wolf served as project coordinator for the ABA CLE Webinars "Post Macondo Gulf of Mexico and Shale Gas Exploration Challenges and Opportunities"; "Mineral Law Issues for the Non-Oil and Gas Lawyer" (2013); and "Bankruptcy Considerations for the Oil and Gas Industry" (2014); and “Analyzing Potential Bankruptcies in the Oil and Gas Industry– Analyzing Distress in this Important Sector of the American Economy” (2015).
Ms. Wolf has served as an administrative hearing officer for the Department of Housing, City of New Orleans in cases addressing housing code violations and has spoken on building codes and historic presentation issues.
- Representation of start-up independent oil and gas company in its initial acquisition and financing, valued at $235 million.
- Representation in federal and state regulatory matters and financial responsibility matters.
- Assisted minerals rights developer in obtaining wetlands permits from the United States Army Corps of Engineers, the Louisiana Department of Natural Resources, and Coastal Zone Management Authorities.
- Assisted independent oil companies in preparation of SEC registration statements.
- Assisted independent oil companies in preparation of syndication offerings.
- Representation of an international oil and gas company in connection with its acquisition of over 200 Outer Continental Shelf and deepwater leases located in the Gulf of Mexico in a $2 billion deal.
- Representations of small and large independent oil and gas companies in acquisitions of oil and gas leases located in the Gulf of Mexico.
- Successful negotiations between small and large independent companies and the Bureau of Ocean Energy Management (BOEM), Pacific OCS Region, to ensure abandonment and decommissioning liabilities for leases and rights-of-way were addressed and that proper funding to secure such liabilities were established and maintained.
- Representation of oil and gas company Debtor-in-Possession as Special Oil and Gas Counsel in seven entity consolidated bankruptcy filing and subsequent asset disposition.
- Representation of large and small independent oil and gas companies in connection with royalty valuation issues before the office of Natural Resources Revenue (ONRR).
- Representation of lenders in connection with major mezzanine financing of oil and gas properties.
- Representation of oil and gas companies in the drafting and negotiation of drilling contracts, farmout and farmin agreements, operating agreements, participation agreements, joint ventures, production handling agreements, platform use agreements, master service agreements, and related contracts.
- Representation of oil and gas companies before the Louisiana State Mineral Board, Office of Mineral Resources, Department of Natural Resources, Office of Conservation, and related state agencies.
- Representation of small independent oil and gas companies before California State Lands Commission and California Coastal Commission.
- Representation of small and large independent oil and gas companies with mezzanine financing and credit facilities.
- Representation of parties in tax sales and adjudications of real property, including confirmations and quieting title.
- Representation of parties in the formation of corporations, partnerships, and limited liability companies.
- Representation of succession representatives and heirs for the orderly distribution of estate assets.
- Representation of parties in severance tax and franchise and excise tax adjudications and disputes.
- Representation of several oil and gas borrowers in various complex oil and gas financings.
- Representation of small and independent oil and gas companies in state franchise tax disputes and adjudications.
- Representation of small independent oil and gas company in connection with refinancing credit facilities for Tennessee and Alaska properties.
Selected Publications and Speeches
- University of Denver. "Western Water Marketing: A Commodity Futures Market Approach" Water Marketing, October, 1988.
- Building Codes in Louisiana. "The Uneasy Tension of Building Codes and Historic Structures", October 23, 2012.
- Emerging Louisiana Legal and Land Issues on the Outer Continental Shelf. "BOEM Regulatory Compliance-Filings With the Adjudication Unit", March 18, 2014.
- American Bar Association
- Co-Chair, Bankruptcy Litigation Subcommittee of Litigation Section's Commercial & Business Litigation Committee for the 2012-2013
- Board Member, Energy Litigation Journal of ABA Litigation Section's Energy Litigation Committee for 2012-2013
- Louisiana State Bar Association
- Tennessee Bar Association
- State Bar of Texas
- Washington State Bar Association
- Member, College of the State Bar of Texas
- Louisiana Association of Defense Counsel
- Professional Landmen's Association of New Orleans
- American Association of Professional Landmen
- Greater Covington Bar Association
- Houston Producers' Forum