Ms. Doody is a Member of the Firm. Her practice is focused in the areas of oil and gas law, including mineral title examination, the acquisition and divestiture of mineral properties, energy-related financing transactions, the negotiation of oil and gas contracts and business entity formation. Ms. Doody worked for several years with Chevron North America Exploration and Production Company, a division of Chevron U.S.A. Inc. As senior counsel, she drafted and negotiated a variety of agreements including master service agreements, production handling agreements, asset purchase and sale agreements, confidentiality agreements, visitation and board agreements and mineral leases.
- Representation of start-up independent oil and gas company in its initial acquisition and financing, valued at $235 million.
- Representation of an international oil and gas company in connection with its acquisition of over 200 Outer Continental Shelf and deepwater leases located in the Gulf of Mexico in a $2 billion deal.
- Representations of small and large independent oil and gas companies in acquisitions and divestitures of oil and gas leases located in the Gulf of Mexico.
- Representation of small and large independent oil and gas companies with mezzanine financing and credit facilities.
- Representation of oil and gas companies in the drafting and negotiation of various agreements, including master service agreements, operating agreements, participation agreements, production handling agreements, and platform use agreements.
- Representation of oil and gas companies in matters relating to oil and gas exploration and production.
- Representation of oil and gas companies with onshore and offshore mineral title examination needs.
- Representation of several oil and gas companies in contractual disputes with their co-working interest owners, including disputes related to non-payment of royalties, operational issues, gas imbalances, unpaid joint interest billings, and lease operating expense disputes.
- Representation of oil and gas companies in contractual disputes with service companies.
- Representation of oil and gas companies and service companies regarding the filing, perfecting, and maintaining perfection of liens and claims arising under the Louisiana Oil Well Lien Act (La. R.S. 9:4861, et seq.), the Louisiana Operators/Non- Operating Lien Act (La. R.S. 9:4881, et seq.), and the Louisiana Private Works Act (La. R.S. 9:4801, et seq.).
- Representation of parties in the formation of corporations, partnerships, and limited liability companies.
- Representation of private individuals and succession representatives and heirs for the orderly distribution of estate assets.
- Representation of parties in the formation of condominium regimes, including the preparation of condominium documents such as, (i) declaration of condominium regimes, (ii) articles of incorporation, (iii) by-laws and, (iv) related organizational documents.
- Representation of condominium associations and other parties in debt collection matters and seizures and foreclosures.
Selected Publications and Speeches
Ms. Doody has lectured at seminars on various oil and gas topics. Some of the recent topics have included the following:
- Law of Servitudes: Legal Issues and Practical Considerations in Louisiana,
- Inadvertent Disclosure and Maintenance of Confidentiality: Ethical Considerations for the Landman and Mineral Lawyer
- OCS and State Lease Title Opinions
- Title Examination in Louisiana
- Commentary on Recent Legislation and Executive Action Dealing with Drilling and Royalties
- Louisiana State Bar Association
- Professional Landmen’s Association of New Orleans (Board Member 2012-2015)
- Women’s Energy Network
- Houston Producer’s Forum
- North Houston Association of Professional Landmen